Sunday, April 25, 2010

No Typo - Day 25 Poem


Where She Rests

On the space bar, a small oval
has been rubbed clear of silver,
as have the S and E keys. Soon
to follow will be C and D. The
left side shift key has a spot
being worn away also. All this,
evidence of time well spent.


Today, a lot of time was spent typing on my computer. It's a little thing, one of those ancient 12 inch Powerbooks that they no longer make. I love it. And there is visible proof of how much. So at the end of a day when I just want to get away from that little screen and rest my eyes, I remembered I had to write a poem. So, here it is. 

Tomorrow I hope to be able to announce some exciting news. 

4 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

I love that poem. I tend to wear my computers down to the nub, so I can relate to your keyboard, though the one I'm working on is relatively fresh.

But I'm working on it.

Verification word: grates

I think that says it all...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my husband can't believe the hinge on my MacBook hasn't collapsed based on the number of times he's seen me open and close it. I carry it with me throughout the house instead of having it set up somewhere stable--like the wonderful writing room upstairs! And, the center pad/space bar will not come clean--there always an oily shine to it. Good thing the MacBook is black...

Linda

Erobintica said...

Ah, if only I knew it would last forever....

Fulani said...

I have a Macbook that for over a year was my only computer. It's been used so much the letters have rubbed off the keys. Fortunately I can just about touchtype...