Friday, April 2, 2010

Breaking them thar rules - Day 2 Poem

Outlaw or
We Don't Need No Stinkin' Rules

Day one and I've broken them unknowingly
not having been concerned with them
not having even bothered to look for, or at them
in the first place.

Ha! I will make my own rules
the first of which is
there are no rules
make it up as you go is always
creative, it just naturally follows

No prompts needed
at least not yet
and if they are I will make them
myself

And who's to say this is any less
valid?  I've been following rules
all my life. Maybe it's about time
I let my inner outlaw out.

The townsfolk will  have to run for cover
and the horses will whinny
and the tumbleweeds will tumble by
as my spurs clink

And I won't be afraid to be silly


So, I didn't read all the rules at the ReadWritePoem site when I signed up - and guess what, on the very first day - yesterday - I broke them. I didn't use their prompt and I didn't post my poem there or link to it. That makes me ineligible to be included in the anthology they're doing. Oh well. I'm still going to write a poem a day. But I'll write whatever however I want to. And ya know, it feels kinda good.

4 comments:

Scarlett Greyson said...

screw the rules, write what you want ;)

Craig Sorensen said...

Rules? We don't need no steeenking rules!

I like today's entry, being a western boy, no stranger to ghost towns and showdowns.

I'm mostly outlaw, when it comes to creative endeavors, so it's
Poetry at ten paces, my friend.

Draw!

Jo said...

Yup, poem on, Erobintica!

wv: untsperd

Erobintica said...

Ah! Up in Maine now. 'Tis sunny and 70 degrees. Can't get much better than this!

thanks everyone - I think this is going to be a fun month!