Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I enjoy being a girl! – Day 20 Poem


Tidal

this littoral transition
from girl
to young woman
to wife
to mother

to what?
not knowing the splash
zone from the marine
will I sink?
the water
above my head

barnacles encrust
my fringes
I await
moon's pull
dream of ocean
troughs
and crests


Yeah, definitely experiencing some mood swings today. On the one hand it's good – when I took my walk I got ideas for 2-3 stories and the starts of several poems – on the other, well, let's just say I'm glad I didn't have to try to explain my tears to anyone. Such is life. My husband recommended I listen to this. Haven't had time yet. Too busy rising and falling.

3 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

Tides are like that.

Very well expressed.

Mar said...

wow - nice piece! I feel like I might float out and then back. very elemental.

Erobintica said...

thanks!