Sunday, February 27, 2011

Slow words

Certainly I can't be the only one who finds that sometimes, even though an entire story is floating in the foggy reaches of my mind, I cannot find the words to pull it down and make it firm enough to solidify on the virtual page. 

That's been happening this weekend, as I struggle to meet a deadline, one that I promised Shanna Germain that I would send something for. I'd already missed Kristina Wright's deadline for her steampunk call. I'd resolved (sorta kinda) to submit my work this year. And it's the end of February and I've done nothing to meet that resolution. 

So, I'm sorta disappointed in myself. Which is not hard for me to be. Though sometimes I think that maybe that's needed to help drive some of what drives me (when it drives me - often I've felt like I'm in neutral lately). 

Nawashi Shadow
Anyhow. Tonight, while everyone (just about) are watching the Oscars, I'll be staring at this image and trying to get my story finished. 

2 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

That's a helluva picture. I can see how it could inspire.

I wish you the best with your story.

Emerald said...

"Certainly I can't be the only one who finds that sometimes, even though an entire story is floating in the foggy reaches of my mind, I cannot find the words to pull it down and make it firm enough to solidify on the virtual page."

Uh, no.

Wishing you all the best with the story!

Xoxoxo