Tuesday, February 1, 2011

As sure as Spring will return

Moss peaking from snow last Spring

It's been a hard winter, and it's not over yet. Through the curtain of icicles outside my window, the sky is filled with falling snow. It's beautiful and depressing at the same time. It's been a record-breaking winter and I can feel it's weight.

Today and tomorrow I'll be housebound.
Today is February 1.
Today I start writing a blog post for every day this month. No excuses, no procrastination. I'm just going to do it.

I'm going to look at this as practice. Warming up. Getting the juices flowing. So I have no idea what I'll be writing about, but I will be writing. I'm also just going to include links to interesting stuff.

Today there is a lovely photo essay from Nikki Magennis on the too-long dormant F-Stop: Expose the Naked I blog.

An interesting article that I missed: The uses of erotic poetry. Thanks to Jacque Zyon for linking to this on his blog.

Beautiful pictures and inspiring words from Gina Marie.

So, I'm glad I decided to commit to writing here each day this month. I have various writing projects in the works (or in dreams), and I hope writing here will be the lubrication I need. ;)

1 comment:

Erobintica said...

Rain, snow, what have you, it's still midwinter.

Thanks - I do find it hard to think that I inspire anyone.