Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Turn-on: Wind

It was many years ago, before our first child was even a twinkle. We were visiting my parents. It was California. Winter. A wild, Pacific storm had settled over the San Francisco Bay Area. Rain was tossed at windows, tree limbs shook. Somewhere, one must have cracked, fallen on a power line. The lights went out. The television went dark. The house stopped humming. It was late enough in the evening that everyone just went to bed. I undressed, then in just my bra and cotton bikini underpants, drawn by the howling outside, went to the bedroom window, pulled back the curtain. Outside, everything glistened, ambient light reflecting off clouds. The pine tree in the neighbor's yard thrashed against the sky, sending clouds of needles onto my parent's covered-for-the-winter pool. I was turned on. Wind does that to me. My husband came up behind me and slowly slid his hands from the sides of my waist over my bare belly. I can still remember the exquisiteness of that moment. I can close my eyes, think of it, and feel the rush and the gathering moistness. Even now, as I type this.





Oh! I just remembered this. It's one of the first 45s I ever bought!

7 comments:

Jo said...

That's gorgeous. Are you an air sign?

wv: sultre!

Erobintica said...

Thanks. And nope, I'm an earth sign, Capricorn.

Craig Sorensen said...

Wow. Very vivid descriptions, and I share your passion for the wind, making the sensations you shared even more palpable.

Awesome post.

Erobintica said...

Thanks Craig.

Erobintica said...

Silly me, adding stuff to blog posts. Why didn't I think of that song before???

Craig Sorensen said...

I love that song. How about "Ride Like the Wind?"

Anonymous said...

Beautiful imagery Erobintica. I used to live near the Columbia River Gorge in southern Washington State, where the wind would howl and sway the trees late into the night. It's quite a sensory experience. Thanks for sharing.