Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sexy senior acceptance!

I'm very excited to announce that I'll have a story, "To Bed," in the upcoming anthology Still Naked: Erotica for Seniors, edited by Joan Price. She's the author of Naked at Our Age and Better Than I Ever Expected. This was a call specifically for writers over the age of fifty. I'm 54. Though I don't consider myself a "senior," I do know that there is a difference between my erotic self now and even just five years ago. I'm trying to work that out in my writing as I discovered of late. But this piece that's been accepted for this Seal Press anthology is more memoir, so it should be interesting to see what feedback I get on it.

And on top of all this, I get to meet Joan Price this weekend at the Momentum Conference in Arlington, VA. This conference is about "Making Waves in Sexuality, Feminism, and Relationships." I'll be blogging more about that tomorrow and over the weekend. I went last year, to the very first Momentum, and it was fantastic.

So, yeah. I'm excited! :)

2 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

Fantastic! Such a cool collection to be a part of. Congrats!

Jeremy Edwards said...

Yay! Way to show the younger crowd how it's done.

And save me a seat in the sexy 50+ club, please! I'll have my membership soon. (:v>