Saturday, March 31, 2012

Decisions decisions decisions


It's past midnight as I type this, and while I'm quite tired, I'm also energized. I'm here at the 2nd Annual Momentum Conference: Making waves in sexuality, feminism, & relationships in Washington, DC. I'm looking through the program, trying to decide which panels to take today (because it is after midnight), and wishing I could be in 2, or even sometimes 3 or 4 or 5 places at once. This year there are 40 panels to choose from over the course of two days. I'll be writing more about it tomorrow. Oops, later today.

Unfortunately, we don't have free internet in the room, so I'll post what I'm writing when I go down to the lobby area in the morning. I saw Emerald [link] this evening and she'll be here all weekend. I came down with my friend Dr. Susana Mayer, of Philly's The Erotic Literary Salon fame. Got to say hi to Rachel Kramer Bussel, who will be presenting an Erotica 101 session on Sunday.

Tonight there was a Meet and Greet with a free ice cream sundae bar (I enjoyed my first real treat of the past couple weeks. Then Maria Falzone had us laughing with her "Sex Rules" comediceducational performance. After a short break, the Opening Keynote Plenary with moderator Carol Queen and panelists Dr. Charlie Glickman, Dr. Logan Levkoff, Audacia Ray, and Bill Taverner got the serious part of the weekend started with a discussion of sexuality in today's culture.

I'm tweeting at times from the conference – @erobintica, and follow the hashtag #mcon if you're interested. Also, there's a live blog of tweets from everyone at the MomentumCon website [link].

But now, back to deciding what to go to this weekend.  

No comments: