Monday, November 2, 2009

Wild Things



Friday night I went to see Where The Wild Things Are with a couple of my favorite guys. It was an excellent movie. Emotionally moving (yeah, I cried). Amazing soundtrack (the above embedded clip features Karen O and the Kids). Visually stunning. The structures in the movie reminded me of Andy Goldsworthy's work - I have his "River and Tides: Working with Time" DVD. (found a snip of it to embed). I am very fond of stone and wood. Have dreams of building stuff like that when we get to Maine.



And since I'm in a wild mood...
(I hope to get to see the Rock Bottom Remainders play someday)



here's some more wild...



and one last bit of beautiful wildness before I go and write some wild sex (I'm doing NaNoWriMo).

















3 comments:

Danielle said...

oh no..my post has been gone..okay..again

where the wild things are is my second fav. childrens book ever..my grandmother used to read it to me every day when i was a kid..and i read it to my boys when they are here..so of course we planned already month ago to go see this movie..cant wiat!

Erobintica said...

what's your first fav?

We have the book around here somewhere - but it got packed away and we haven't found it again.

Danielle said...

the first is alice in wonderland ... my grandmother must have read it to my like trillion times..:-)

i had allready at least 5-6 copies of alice and also of wild things ..all read till dead..:-)