Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lust for life - Happy Valentine's Day


Full Bloom

unfurling
curve of petals
gift of sun
rain and earth
elements transformed
soil to stamens
biology and magic
interwoven branches
tangled roots
mycelium the web
underground
connecting
feeding
creating
so one day
flowering
fruiting
life



* note: I recently saw Avatar twice in the span of 3 days (maybe first time ever for a movie) - and I've always had "a thing" for the way nature works. I think it's incredibly sexy. So, rather than ribbons on red heart-shaped boxes - this is where my mind went this Valentine's Day. 



2 comments:

Janine Ashbless said...

I love mycelia too. On the first page of my novel Wildwood I wrote about nature-sprits whose hair is "mats of phosphorescent mycorhizae."
Your sexy nature valentine post speaks more to me than chocs and love-hearts!

Erobintica said...

Thank you Janine!