Sunday, February 13, 2011

On the eve

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. A day filled with heart-shaped everything. So, just because I didn't know what else to do, I googled "heart."

First up was the official band site for Heart. When I was a young woman, I really liked them. Still like their older stuff, because listening to it makes me feel young again.

Next was the Wikipedia entry for this myogenic muscular organ. Very romantic [insert sarcasm here]. I started thinking about my age, and before I knew it I was clicking on heart disease and starting to feel old again.

None of this is what I wanted to write about. I wanted to write about the heart in the metaphorical. A heart swollen with joy. A heart skipping a beat in fear. A heartache.

The metaphorical heart is a complicated beast. True only to itself.

Tomorrow there will be chocolate! It's good for the heart.

1 comment:

Emerald said...

Heart is heart, it occurs to me...

This post actually reminded me that I have been wanting to download from iTunes a song from Heart I've been recalling lately! Thanks for the reminder.

Also, an album by Heart was one of the first cassette tapes I owned. :)