Sunday, February 20, 2011

Flawed


So often I want what I do or make to be perfect. Because I want to be perfect. And not be the incredibly flawed person I am. 

And so, I place roadblocks at every step of the way for myself. But I hurtle myself at them. 

This post makes no sense. It's a Sunday night and I'm tired and more snow is on the way and tomorrow is a holiday so there's no school and I'm glad but I'm not getting the things I need to get done, done.

And I don't understand why. What are those roadblocks made of?

I am the queen of procrastination. I've raised it to an art form. Hell, I should do these blog posts early in the day so I can be done with it and not find myself in the evening with nothing to say. 

And yeah, doing this blog-post-every-day thing is a drag. I know that once February is over, I won't be posting every day. 

I'm glad February is a short month.

3 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

I used to be a procrastinator, and now I'm not (unless you count projects out in the yard...)

The only thing that comes to mind, regarding the roadblocks and perfectionism is to embrace your flaws. That's what I do, and I have plenty of flaws to embrace.

Erobintica said...

thanks Craig. So, how did you come to NOT be a procrastinator?

Craig Sorensen said...

In a sense, it was like quitting smoking (which I had done a few years before.)

I realized that while I was procrastinating, I could get everything done that I had to, but I wasn't getting the things I wanted to get done. I realized, like smoking, it was something that was in the way, not really doing any good. So I quit. I started focusing on tasks, reasonable, short term goals (some of the project management skills from work coming through) and took some of the pressure off myself on the long term stuff.

Although, like I said, I'm still not good about the yard, so in a sense, I've been less successful than quitting smoking...

Oh well. Win some, lose some.