Friday, March 13, 2009

Writus Interruptus

My alarm went off this morning at 5:57am, like most weekday mornings. But because I'd woken up about 4:30am briefly, I was back in dreamland when the beep beep started (I think most mornings my internal clock is a little fast and I wake up just before the alarm sounds). After switching it off, I lay there thinking - wow, that's the beginning of a really fun story (erotic in nature of course). But I don't have time to write it today. So I'm going to type in some notes and hopefully later - maybe this evening - sit down and work on it. I do think it will be distracting me all day.  ;-)

I have to go pick up my college-age daughter today - it's spring break and she's coming home. Been debating - with myself and with my husband (he doesn't think I should say anything right now) - about what if anything to tell her about mom's new "hobby." She's a writer too. And she tends to be quite social when she's home - hanging around and talking - so she'll be interrupting me a lot. I don't want to snap at her, so, I may be telling her. On the car ride home maybe. We will see. Wish me luck. 

13 comments:

Janine Ashbless said...

Ooh, wow yes, interesting ... It's unusual to see the older generation wondering whether to confess to the younger about writing erotica!

Good luck!
:-)

Erobintica said...

Thanks Janine - for the luck. Unusual? I guess often it's someone younger wondering whether to tell their parents.

Marina said...

Hey, good luck this week! Hope it all goes well and that you have a nice visit!

Neve Black said...

Hmmm...follow your instincts. And, yes, of course, good luck.

Keep us all posted, won't cha?

Gina Marie said...

Hi Robin,

Best of luck to you. I'm sure it will be a wonderful conversation between you two. Enjoy your time together!

Unknown said...

Wow, good luck with your coming out:) I'm sure it'll go well. How lovely that you and your daughter have writing in common! I wish I had something in common with my mother besides er...DNA, lol.

Erobintica said...

Marina, Neve, & Kirsten, Elle,

thanks for the luck - I just got an email from her saying could I leave a little later - so now I have some time to kill. Though not enough time to work on my story. ;-)

Yeah, I'm sure it'll go fine. It's her older sister I worry about - hahaha. But that can wait.

Anonymous said...

I have two grown sons and they're pretty comfortable talking to me about their sexual adventures although they're not too comfortable when I try to share mine! I guess it's a tough image for them to see their mom in. But they're my biggest fans and very supportive of me and what makes me happy. I'm sure your daughter will be supportive of you, too. She may not want to know the details, but I'm betting she'll be okay with whatever is making you smile. Good luck!

Erobintica said...

As I kind of expected - since this daughter is a writer herself - it went just fine. She agrees her older sister might be a bit shocked (just because that's how she is) unless I catch her at just the right time.

Donna said...

Interesting--I caught this when there was already a happy ending. Whew! I'm so glad it worked out :-).

Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Are you really going to tell her? You are brave - I can talk to my son about sex, but I have yet to make it personal (it's especially tough since I only have sex with his Mom - who wants to think about their parents fucking?)

Erobintica said...

Hey Anon, I already did tell daughter 2, and she was fine with it - daugher 1 may be another story.

I'm not brave - just don't like to ... hide things that I don't believe need to be (or should be) hidden.

Erobintica said...

Oh, and thanks Donna!