Friday, February 20, 2009

Country mouse visits the city

Last night I went to In The Flesh for the first time and had a wonderful time. More about that later. The trip in on the train was spent listening to a guy telling the whole world (because he was on his cell) about his getting laid off that day. I took along a library book to read - Mary Roach's Bonk, which is wonderful and diverted my attention. 

Didn't have any trouble until I got off the subway and got turned around (I'd left my walking directions home) and headed off in the wrong direction from where I was meeting my friend.  Note to self: get one of those little compass thingys so I know which way to go. A long walk later (and I'd been feeling guilty about not getting enough exercise the past couple of days so I ended up getting some - exercise - a walk) - we met up and all was well. Well, except for the fact that the battery in my cell phone/camera was dying. Today I go out and buy a new battery. So, no pictures. :-(   But when they're up, I'll link to some of the readings on YouTube. 

Sorry I have to just give this teaser - I have some stuff I have to get done - I slept in and got a late start. But I want to write good descriptions since I don't have any pix. More later - I promise!

No comments: