Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Turn-on: Poetry

Last week I was out-of-town and didn't get to do a Thursday Turn-on, at least not here on my blog. ;-)

Today I finally got around to doing something I'd meant to for some time; I downloaded my finalist poems from the 2010 Seattle Erotic Art Festival Literary Art Showcase. People had asked for me to post them here, but due to formatting, that just wasn't possible in a regular post. So I downloaded them to Scribd. It took me all of a few minutes. Blush. Better late than never, right?

So, without further ado, here are my poems, I Want to Watch Us, and Memento Vivere.

8 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

Yes, better late than never.

I loved them both. The formatting of Memento Vivere is brilliant. Both are so sensual.

Excellent!

Jacque said...

Beautiful poems! I was excited to see you had posted them. I love the line "coming to rest where all is breath, all is heartbeat, all is pulse, I'd watch"

I agree with Craig, the formatting for Memento Vivere is beautiful, and adds so much to the poem.

Erobintica said...

Thanks Craig & Jacque! Yeah, I knew there was no way I could reproduce the formatting for Memento on a blog, roflmao!

Jacque, check out my Facebook page for a link to a very cool erotic poetry submission call. Craig, I'll email it to you. I challenge you both!

Mar said...

I love Memento Vivere.

Nikki Magennis said...

Robin, these are so beautiful. Thanks for posting them. Wow. I'll need to come back and reread them later, when sprog is not tipping waste bin over floor. Meanwhile, wow again. Love them.

Emerald said...

Thanks for sharing, Robin! I enjoyed and appreciated both, and I found "Memento Vivere" truly and deeply gorgeous.

Jo said...

Memento Vivere - I love it. So intense. Is it a picture? I can't tell on the interrupted screen.

Erobintica said...

Thanks Mar, Nikki, Em, & Jo.

and Jo, no, it's not a picture, though I guess there are shapes, but nothing thought out.