Friday, January 15, 2010

Dissolve

Seems that is what is happening right now with me - this past week I've had such a hard time writing - and I've been struggling with that. Am I just waiting for inspiration? I read about writers saying "just show up" - sit down and write - but sometimes what happens is ....


nothing.


What happens to that overwhelming feeling of "omg I gotta write this down right now!" - when the thoughts come fast and furious - when every little thing you see, hear, touch, smell, taste, think, feel makes you want to try and capture it? Where does it go? Why do I sit and watch the cursor blinking, or scribble spirals in my notebook?

Hoping this passes soon.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

writers block???

horrible...:-(

lets hope nits just a short phase and soon you ll be back on track..:-)

Erobintica said...

No, not writer's block (thank goodness) - it's just that this week I had intended to work on poetry (because of a writer's group meeting today) but haven't been feeling very "poetic" - instead I've wanted to work on my novel (and have) - but that's not what I "needed" to work on this week.

Also partly, any sense of routine (that helps me write) has been completely messed up.

I keep hoping for next week. I just hope I don't do that all year.

Scarlett Greyson said...

Sometimes our muses decide that what we want to work on and what they want to work on are two entirely different things.

If something's flowing, then I'd be glad for that. Being totally blocked sucks.

*hugs* Hoping your schedule settles into existence soon!

Unknown said...

I'm kinda learning to live with my whatever you want to call it. I'll go literally for weeks and weeks and not even want to write. Hell, even when I "want" to I don't really want to sometimes...

Erobintica said...

I know exactly what you mean Haven!

Scarlett - that damn muse! He/she has some really fucking weird ideas - hahaha.