Monday, November 23, 2009

Turning Inward



This picture was taken a year or two ago, about this time, when the freezing begins. Ribbons of ice curling up from, and back into the ground. Late fall. Night keeps getting longer. It is a time of introspection, at least for me. There have been many changes in my life, and the lives of those around me, in the past year. I've reached up and out, but can feel myself bending in, retracing my path, looking at it from a slightly different point of view. Yes, I've got a serious case of the November thinkies. Yet, even now, still, I can see the sensuousness of the ice crystals in the photo above, and long for that natural kind of freedom.

WTF is she talking about? LOL - I'm not sure. About to take my walk and think about it some more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You touched me with the "November thinkies". They do exist, don't they. Little nagging thoughts that we missed it this year, stuff like that. I always felt something.

You labeled it for me, thanks.

Secretia

Emerald said...

"the November thinkies"

I giggled out loud at this phrase.

Indeed, the season of Winter is said to hold support silent introspection. Stillness, silence, unknowing. The "up and out" motion is held in Spring.

Thank you for this inspiration, actually. I may have been forgetting (/unconsciously avoiding) being with this stillness and unknowing.

Love.

Erobintica said...

it is a funny phrase - but it's very apt - I'm very introspective these days

Craig Sorensen said...

Winter, with its long, cold nights is ideal for introspection, and introspection can lead to greater outrospection.

I know, it isn't a word, but it should be.

All the best, and I wish you a happy Thanksgiving.

Mar said...

Having the early Dec thinkies right now.