Monday, June 21, 2010

Reality!



This past weekend, I took the first steps (actually thousands of them, more later) to making my writing cabin in the woods a reality. I don't have time to post much tonight. Maybe tomorrow night. In the meantime, if you're interested, you can go here and check out the progress. Excuse the crappiness of the photo. I forgot my camera and all I had is my not-so-good camera phone.

We had a good, though exhausting weekend and then got home after midnight (so, Monday morning) to find our septic tank had backed up. Now we're a bit poorer than we were the other day. Needless to say, my cabin will have no plumbing!

4 comments:

Janine Ashbless said...

Wow, this is exciting! What a wonderful project to take on - I am green with envy!

I'm interested in how this came about. Do you have experience doing this sort of build, or are you just working from some pictures on the internet...?

Tim said...

It may only be a camera phone photo but it's enough to make me wish I lived somewhere that this was possible! Leaving aside the fact that I've no money to do it...

I find it ironic that humans build cities to live in, which then become the most inhuman and nerve-jangling places there are.

Good luck to you, and I wish it was me!

Vegetarian Cannibal said...

That's cool! I'm a poor lowly college student. No funds to buy a cabin. No funds to buy a DESK, even. I write on my sofa with my laptop balanced between my knees.

*le sigh*

Cool cabin! :D

Erobintica said...

I realized I never came back and wrote more. Life kinda got in the way.

We've no money either! Granted, we did buy the sacks of concrete and sonotubes. But this is being built by our own labor and with materials scrounged or found for the most part. My gut feeling is it won't be done this year, though my husband thinks it can be. We will see.